Thursday, June 11, 2015

A Speck of Dust





















When I am dead,
When my body is bloated and dry,
When my eyes are fixated to the wall,
When you close them with your fingers,
When my lips are pale,
When I can no longer move or think,
What will you say then?

“She was so lively and full of love,
A little crazy, talented,
Idealistic.
Remember the time when..
I miss her.
I keep thinking she’s in another city,
Doing her ‘own thing.’”

You’ll put a few photographs of me around the rooms,
Beside loved ones we’ve lost
Put flowers/candles/angels around it
Scrummage through old albums to find more pictures,
Facebook will help too,
Write an obituary,
Organize a funeral,
Get flowers, a priest, tears everywhere
Fight about if my flowers should be colourful or white,
Bathe me in flowers and wrap me in cloth,
The dogs will moan too and behave in a manner as if I’m still around
You will feel me in the wind,
Beside you, in corners of rooms,
Strange sounds will seem familiar to you.

When I’m dead, you’ll wish we had more time to love me before,
You’ll then proceed to have a few drinks in my name,
Play a few Beatles and Baez songs in turn,
Lament about the good ol’ days and funny ways,
You’ll move to philosophy,
How you never really know.
Then, as the night dwindles by,
Each one makes their weary way home.

As you lie in your wet pillow,
You turn to silent tears,
Then bawl profusely; for a while.
Light up a smoke and stare at the night sky.
Feel helpless, get angry with god.

Do not weep for me,
For I am not dead.
This universe is unimaginable,
Infinite,
Our bodies limit us.
Leave your body and you will see,
How great it is to be me.
Transfer of energy,
That’s all.
Nothing to get sad about.

Imagine seeing the universe in a speck of dust,
That’s where I am,
Smile and carry on.
There is a lot left for you to do.
You need this world now.
When the time is right,
I will see you on the other side,
Beside a speck of dust.



2 comments:

Arjun Janah said...

Very moving and very perceptive of human nature. Thank you. And do stay around a while. ;-)

Unknown said...

Very intuitive. Reminiscent of Rilke. But sad. Please write more