Sunday, September 21, 2008

OverShadowed

The smile on his mouth had faded,
All he looked was jaded.
I tried to get through,
But he turned a different shade of blue.
My Red, Red lover should have known,
He should have known I could love no other.

Here I am, Alone on my bed,
After it's all been done and said.
Why do I feel there's so much left to love,
When something inside aches
Like the beats of a trapped dove?

I tried to fix it before it had broken,
I heard the words that hadn't been spoken.
But soon the shadows started flying so low,
That with the blink of an eye
There was no place left to go.

The memories started coming unglued
And reality echoed her every mood
The shadows pierced through the light
And Suddenly,
There was no one left to fight.

2 comments:

Elendil said...

You write some nice poetry. I went through most of the poems here, and some are quite powerful and moving. Also, the surrealist paintings are a nice touch.

purple rain said...

thank you :)